Welcome to “Trials of Independence”
Hello. I’m Nik Melo and in this blog series I will talk from experience about the trials and tribulations of becoming a young adult. I’m 22 and have just completed my master’s degree in Digital Marketing. I have been working at Make Time Count (MTC) for 1 year as a marketing intern.
The idea for this blog series came from:
- various conversations I’ve had with peers throughout my years at university,
- my aspiration to write
- MTC giving me this opportunity as part of my role.
If you’re a student MTC can help you!
At MTC we are committed to helping people thrive. Our demographic includes academics, professionals, entrepreneurs, students and career changers. Whether you’re in your 20s or 60s or somewhere in between, if you’re interested in feeling empowered, happy and doing what you love to a high standard, MTC can help you!
This blog series will be helpful to you if you’re a student or someone in your 20s.
As a student, I have made a lot of mistakes along the way that caused me emotional distress. In alignment with MTC’s mission, I’d like to help others avoid similar pitfalls. In the “Trials of independence” series I will combine a personal blog and a ‘how-to’ blog to address 10 key areas that I found challenging and why. For the sake of full disclosure, I will be mentioning MTC products and tools that have helped me to date so you can see how they can help you also. I will be also sharing many other tools, videos, and resources that aided me as often the best combination turned out to be a mix of things that will fit your personality, how you work and what you want to happen.
“Trials of independence” blog series
- Weight gain – How to develop healthy habits for your body and your mind?
- New and old friendships – Insights on the unspoken values of friendship
- Money – How to pull off absolute miracles of money-saving
- The Housemates – Housemates 101: preparing and dealing with different scenarios
- Gentlemen – Grooming and appearance
- Having a good time – The importance of finding time for enjoyment whilst at uni
- Responsibilities – How to cope with expectations, tough schedules, and added responsibilities
- False expectations – How to stay away from false expectations, self-imposed disappointment, and other emotional baggage
- Planning for the future Change
- Growing from your experiences
Thank you for reading. Please feel free to leave a comment on our social media channels using #MTCBlogNik.