Heart and Mind Integration
Heart and Mind integration is my original, highly intuitive method and process for personal empowerment and healing. If you want to be more productive, healthy and fulfilled, my Heart and Mind integration method will help you achieve this.
The techniques will help you to deepen your awareness of your own unique navigating system made up of mind, heart, body and spirit.
This method has grown from my skills as a researcher, scientist, engineer, and teacher. It combines cognitive, emotional, somatic and spiritual approaches to nurture personal wholeness.
Heart and mind integration works well for individuals, couples, families, groups and teams and entire institutions.
Heart and Mind Integration Benefits
- Tap an internal teacher that is your nervous system.
- Gain more ground and stability that underpins healthy resilience.
- Discover your true resourcefulness and brilliance.
- Raise your confidence and wellbeing.
- Learn to self-care and self-coach for best performance.
- Heal your internal saboteurs and conflicts.
- Raise your productivity and fulfilment.
Your pathway to Greater Levels of Internal Integration
- Start today by watching the Mind and Heart TEDx talk which explains why they both matter.
- Read Body Talk and discover how your mind, heart, body and spirit connect together and how you can do better by learning to work with them all.
- Build your awareness, empower and heal with Magdalena at our 1-day Heart and Mind retreat.
- Sign up for our 1 year integration journey with the Da Vinci adventure where you will progressively discover the power of your internal navigator.
- Get in touch for 1:1 bespoke work with Dr. Magdalena Bak-Maier to address your specific situation and healing needs.
What is Mind and Heart Integration
Heart and Mind Integration is an approach to personal empowerment and healing pioneered by Dr. Magdalena Bak-Maier over the last ten years. This approach is grounded in developmental neuroscience, spirituality, and practical insights from years of working with people and studying human behaviour.
It recognizes and organizes each person into four inter-related parts:
As you become acquainted with each part and learn to understand its needs and ways of communicating, you will discover a greater wholeness within you. This wholeness is the foundation of your empowerment and health.
All internal conflicts manifest as stress, resistance and eventually illness. By learning to integrate them you will tap your natural brilliance, resources and discover you too can have peace of mind, joy, vitality and bliss.
Why Heart and Mind Integration
Who can Benefit from Heart and Mind Integration
Heart and Mind Integration is already at play in many lives irrespective of what people do, their age, profession etc because it addresses the core of what it means to be human. Whether we awake to this reality through adversity or through interest in personal development, the process of integrating within is natural and already in progress for each of us. We provide a language and a framework for making this process more explicit and easier to work with so that it can be applied to personal growth, empowerment and healing.
Our feedback tells us that this method is highly effective and easy to grasp. It resonates with the richness and complexity of human experience because it addresses practical (mind, body, heart) as well as more spiritual and existential needs (spirit). It does this by working with them together and not as separate parts.
Therapists and Coaches
The core of the Mind and Heart approach reocgnises that a human being is most resourceful when he or she is integrated within. That healthy connection and internal teamwork may not always be the default state.
The framework can be adopted for healing and trauma work where one or more of the essential parts – mind, heart, body, spirit – have been deeply wounded. In fact, it is where rehabilitating work can be most profound as we are always on the path to healing and return to wholeness.
Our Heart and Mind retreats attract many therapists, counsellors, psychologists and coaches who resonate with this model and framework where we can work with all parts of the individual in total. For their perspective please see case studies in this section.
Leadership and Talent Development
The Heart and Mind approach has its roots in the leadership development experiment Dr. Magdalena Bak-Maier undertaken at Imperial College London, and later in other institutions across EU and USA. Watch the summary lecture here.
The bottom line of this approach highlights the need to integrate mind, heart, body and spirit to foster excellence, leadership, and brilliance. Listen to how Professor Roger Kneeborn, an Alumni from the Academic Development Centre talks about the programme.
Implementing the Heart and Mind integration approach at work supports healthy productivity, leadership, and teamwork. It nurtures a health workplace culture where more people thrive.
Magdalena was invited to share this approach with NASA senior leadership team and similar workshops at the United Nations Roundtable gatherings 2017 and 2018.Today this approach forms the basis of all our corporate offerings.
How it Works: The Science Behind the Heart and Mind Integration
The Heart and Mind integration framework draws on key insights from several scientific disciplines and bodies of work including:
- Developmental psychology and neuroscience.
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) principles.
- Systems theory.
- Effective behaviour change and habit making.
- Spirituality and mindfulness.
Your Next Steps to Personal Empowerment, Best Performance and Healing
- Watch the Heart and Mind video.
- Watch my NLP talk about integration.
- Read Body Talk.
- Sign up to 1 day Heat and Mind Retreat.
- Sign up to Da Vinci.
- Contact Magdalena to discuss how Heart and Mind Integration can help your personal development or achieve your organisational goals.
- Watch the Facebook live video on heart and mind integration for Psychologies Magazine