We’re super excited to announce that the Grid approach has been selected for the 4th Systemic Coaching Conference at Columbia University in New York. The conference theme is Advancing Frontiers in Coaching and Grid is certainly doing that!
The session Dr Magdalena Bak-Maier will present at this meeting will introduce this creative and systemic approach to coaching work-life management, balance and leadership. Workplace burnout on the rise and coaches need methods and tools to support their clients to find success in career and relationships. The Grid is an invaluable tool that many coaches are using to help them in their work. We’re pleased that this can now happen outside the UK.
In a typical Make Time Count style, participants will be invited to explore this empirical model experientially. Delegates will creatively explore possible conflicts between different areas that adversely impact balance, productivity, and burnout. All will be invited to consider how lack of healthy balance impacts the larger societal family. In this context, coaches are well-positioned as change agents who can creatively explore this perspective with leaders. Grid gives coaches a practical and easy framework, tool, and method to help their clients improve how they show up and what they achieve.
Columbia University Coaching Conference Session Objectives
By the end of Magdalena’s session at the Columbia University coaching conference, participants will be able to:
- Explain the Grid framework to their clients and bring to light the hidden forces that often impact productivity and wellbeing and lead to burnout.
- Use the Grid framework to explore the impact of specific choices, conflicts, and imbalances on the person and the various systems they belong to.
- Expand their tool kit with an approach that lends itself to embodied ways of working.
Interested to learn more but can’t attend the event?
We’re pleased to share this tool with those who feel attracted to it. The Grid has been warmly received at a number of professional masterclasses with:
- British Psychological Society
- Coaching at Work Conference
- Positive Psychology Conference
- Association for Coaching UK
It has also been presented at a number of keynotes in higher education, media, medicine, insurance, charities, and tech companies.
Find Grid resources to support your coaching work
If you’re interested in discovering the power of the Grid here are a a few ways to get started:
- Read or listen to Dr. Magdalena Bak-Maier’s Get Productive: Grid book.
- Book on a 90-minute Grid Clinic to get a feel for the method as well as personalised advice on life’s little and big niggles.
- Learn the Grid method with our systematic approach to designing your life with the Grid lens in mind on our flagship Grid Introduction Course.
- Read up on how other Grid adopters use the Grid to stay healthy and productive across life and work, studies or business.
- Reach out to book a workshop or keynote for your workplace.
Feedback from previous Grid Masterclass sessions
Magdalena ran a parallel workshop at the recent Staff Developers Conference on Tapping Hearts and Minds to Enable People to Thrive in a VUCA World. She introduced us to her 4 step coaching approach. Even in a very short time is made us pause and recognise what we could do…
I attended Magdalena’s workshop at the AICTP Conference and found it both infomative and practical. Her integrated model takes a very interesting approach, working holistically with the client. The experiential element was a great learning experience – both personally and professionally – thank you.
I attended a great workshop for doctors Magdalena delivered. It was on resilience and life-work balance and it was very inspirational and motivational. Magdalena delivered a phenomenally rich content with an engaging brilliance. She is very knowledgeable and she owns a broad, holistic, well-grounded in science and rigorous approach. As…
I attended an event on Working equilibrium in Liverpool recently where I had the pleasure of listening to Magdalena. She is incredibly knowledgeable and skilful at integrating neuroscience with leadership and coaching, as well as creating a comfortable safe space for the participants. I left feeling optimistic at the end…
I attended one of Magdalena’s Irish workshops through the Association of Coaching. What an inspiring yet practical speaker! She used neuroscience to support her strategies on being productive and fully engaged the audience throughout the session. I bought her book “Get Productive” and have used many of the tools and…
Lastly, we invite you to join our email community to stay up to date with our advice, get free resources and be the first to know about our upcoming offers. It’s our way of helping you Make Time Count, as we say!