- This event has passed.
Work and well-being: finding your balance London HEE Commission
10 March 2020 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm GMT
An interactive one-day session offering fresh insight and practical approaches that will develop and support your personal resilience, wellbeing and performance.
This one-day interactive course is designed to support you in deepening your understanding of the interplay between work and wellbeing, and in developing strategies for ‘finding your balance’.
The approach centres on identifying the personal and professional choices we have and applying these more consistently and effectively when working in a complex and high-pressure work environment.
We’ll be focussing on resilience as a set of practices that can support you during your training and practice, including getting support and asking for help, rather than merely helping you get better at enduring ever more demands in the workplace.
Admittedly, there are daily work pressures which are outside of our control. This session focuses on the factors which we CAN control, in particular how we respond and recover from stressful events.
You will learn practical approaches and techniques that when practised will help support and sustain you.
The day will include:
- Understanding resilience – what it means personally
- Strategies and practices for developing resilience
- Good and bad habits – how to work with them
- Getting support when you need it
- Working with difficult feelings – yours and others
- Responding rather than reacting
- Building range – different ways to deal with pressure.
By the end of the session you will have:
- Gained a deeper understanding of resilience and what it means for you
- Heightened self-awareness of your personal strengths and vulnerabilities
- Identified good habits to build resilience (and the habits that undermine resilience)
- Developed greater awareness of the support available, and how to take advantage of it
- Have a practical toolkit of exercises and practices you can put into practice straight away.