- This event has passed.
Move from surviving to thriving in your PhD Imperial College London
March 11 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Being a PhD student presents many challenges that develop your intellectual independence and are highly valued by employers as well as academia, such as:
- Mastering technical skills and know-how to run experiments
- Building relationships
- Preparing oneself for the next career step
- Being able to convert ideas into tangible results
- Learning to look after one’s mental, physical and emotional welfare.
A PhD is also a great adventure that can be enjoyed far more when one is well resourced. This programme integrates
- 15+ years of experience working as a mentor and coach to top scientists, medics and engineers across UK, EU and the USA
- insights from building talent programmes and supporting healthy careers and research leadership
- a powerful productivity and wellbeing tool called the Grid™
- insider knowledge of what it takes to succeed on healthy terms from my own experience completing a PhD at Caltech
- experience and appreciation for neurodiversity.
Today the Grid™ is being used by academics to help them manage diverse jobs demand and with it, they report feeling better, having less stress and being able to achieve more with more calm.
The goal of this 3-month programme is to help delegates organize time, work and life in a way that leaves them far more clear and in control of their agendas, resilient and confidant in asking for necessary support and buffered against many of the challenges that come with undertaking a PhD.
Most of all it aims to leave each delegate with an incredibly useful habit for life.