- This event has passed.
Grid Retreat 2: Clarity, Motivation and Focus July 31 2020
31 July 2020 @ 10:30 am – 3:45 pm BST
“The greatest tragedy is a daily one. When aspiration and potential lose out to chaos. Grid changes this equation.” – Dr. Magdalena Bak-Maier, Neuroscientist and Grid Inventor
Discover how Grid empowers individuals to succeed and be well by forming the basis of meaningful action plans.
The essential nature of a crisis such as the current pandemic is an experience of chaos and with it disempowerment and stagnation for all.
- Is the current pandemic making it hard for you to focus and look beyond the present moment?
- Do you notice anxiety, stress and overwhelm rising over your life, work or career prospects so that resting and getting quality sleep is a struggle?
- Would you like a proven system and a process to help you regain motivation, focus and clarity on how you can do better?
As Covid continues to play havoc with our lives we can still set reasonable goals and make progress. In fact, it’s what we must do. To combat the negative emotional and mental risks that staying stuck in anxiety, fear and lack of clarity can bring, learning how to take effective action and doing so is crucial. This day is designed to support this process using the Grid method.
“Grid helps us return to our center of power.” – Dr. Magdalena Bak-Maier, Grid Inventor
We invite you to discover how the Grid framework can help:
- clarify key goals based on what really matters to us,
- pinpoint blocks and self-sabotaging behaviors,
- support the creation of action plans that really take us forward.
In doing so Grid helps us recover and maintain motivation and combat anxiety and overwhelm. But don’t just take our word for it. Check out the case studies with people no different to you.
“Grid has made an incredibly difference in my life which is why I have continued to Grid for close to a year. It has increased my motivation and focus, helped me organize and achieve more in life and at work.”Rui Laurenco
“The more tools we give ourselves, the stronger we are to cope with the individual and collective stresses that impinge on our lives.” – Dr. Magdalena Bak-Maier
Due to social isolation, we have adopted our usual in-person format to a virtual, small group gathering for 12 delegates. In this Grid retreat will explore three specific themes together:
- Developing greater presence and resilience towards not knowing/uncertainty to transform fear into awareness, clarity and resolve for action.
- Learning to face emotions that can overwhelm in ways that protect our mental and emotional well-being and strengthen us.
- Reclaiming our power by constructing empowering stories.
Having tried a virtual approach in May 2020 with our other iconic retreat, we now know that the set up offers personally meaningful and deeply transformative personal development opportunity. In fact, the online format lends itself better to differing needs and preferences for time alone versus face time and group work, enables us to bring the work to more people, and connect them with each other as well as do powerful work together.Dr. Magdalena Bak-Maier, Principal Grid Retreat Facilitator
This is an opportunity to:
- Take time for yourself and focus on your life, self-care, work/business and career.
- To review and set goals that connect with what’s truly important to you.
- Discover how you may be sabotaging progress and locate practical enablers.
- Develop a robust action plan to execute going forward.
- Get introduced to the Grid approach and why it is transforming people’s lives.
Key learning outcomes
- A framework for goal setting and values indentification.
- A process for locate blocks and pinpointing key changes and support required.
- A tool for constructing practical action-focused plans that build new habits for well-being and success.
We will employ a mixture of creative activities, independent and small group exercises, facilitated group discussion along with 3 thematic 10min tutorials, suggested short break yoga and stretches, and a take away PDF from the work.
- 10:30 Start and welcome
- 11:00 Theme 1 – How Grid can support my goal setting and clarify what matters to me?
- 12:00 15min Break
- 12:15 Theme 2 – Pinpointing self-sabotage habits and identifying support mechanisms that will change this.
- 13:15 – 14:00 Lunch break
- 14:00 Theme 3 – Constructing a 4 week plan to put things on track
- 15:15 Final thoughts and learning share
- 15:45 Close
Regular Ticket – £100 VAT Included
The rate applies to the Covid-19 circumstances and the event is capped at 12 participants maximum.
Covid-19 Saver – £50 VAT Included
This ticket is for NHS staff or Care Workers. Full time student can also book this ticket.
We have 3 seats per group gathering at this rate plus a waiting list if we’re full.
If you can’t afford to pay this fee but need our work write to us directly.
What people say about our virtual retreat design
“…Magdalena’s work cleanses what seems to trouble you or block you in any way and she will help you find the key to a balanced lifestyle. And you’re not alone…you will also meet a bunch of beautiful humans who will love to walk with you…”Rebecca Obadia, Film Maker and Storyteller
“Nice flow, break out rooms, still able to connect with everyone and really allowed great conversations/work virtually. You were able to get really comfortable in your own space in your home.”Chris Andrews, Personal Fitness CEO
“The Virtual Retreat is amazing. It exceeded my expectation for a online meeting and for the results I got. Strongly recommend you to do it.”Vanessa Martin, Events Expert
“I loved the simplicity and power of this online retreat. Magda did an amazing job of making difficult things simple!!…Loved the work. Loved the sincerity of the people. And the small group format to work with. Thank you!Dmitry Gurov, Positive Psychologist, Coach and Facilitator
“I was surprised that even digitally I could connect and build beautiful, supportive relationships on the day with other participants. The clear, expert leadership from Magdalena with the gentle, loving energy she brought to the day as well as the work we were tasked with made it a truly unique, insightful and beneficial day.Kathrin Guerin, NHS Manager