- This event has passed.
Covid-19 wellbeing and resilience for doctors and trainees – invited webinar
1 April 2020 @ 12:00 am – 1:00 pm
Covid-19 wellbeing and resilience are critical for those on the front lines.
The response to Covid-19 virus is putting a great deal of pressure on our mental, emotional and physical resources. In a positive sense, everyone within and outside the NHS is more directly facing the major purpose and mission of medicine: saving lives.
But let’s face it, showing up to work in this context takes courage and strength as well as a great deal of faith. As a medical professional you will no doubt face personal and work challenges at this time. The duration of Covid-19 also remains unclear. Having to work in these circumstances will put a great deal of continuous stress on one’s mental, emotional, physical and spiritual health and wellbeing.
One of the key themes emerging in my work over the last few years is the critical need for finding practical ways to self-care. Ways that make it off what we know or believe is good in theory (what we know cognitively) and what we actually translate into action.
It’s the action bit that is especially important in times of crisis and for those whose job is to look after others.
In line with First Aid three principles:
- Preserve life for casualty, bystander and rescuer.
- Protect from further harm.
- Provide (pain) relief
I will share 3 simple and highly effective techniques for managing your wellbeing and resilience in difficulty. We will cover three interrelated practices that take 1-5 min and which, in my experience, make a major difference in how the nervous system is resourced.
We will discuss how to work them into your daily routine to aid you in keeping safe so you can stay well and do your job.
Additional Resources for Covid-19 wellbeing and resilience
- If you need further help to change or create a useful habit we invite you to purchase our 14-Day habit change tool. This PDF worksheet is a distilled and simple method for helping you strengthen the doing.
- If you wish to continue to strengthen your approach to work and life sign up to our online Da Vinci programme. In just 1.5-2hr per month, you will discover how calm, focused and integrated approach to life and work generates healing and brilliant performance in your life and work systems.
- 1:1 coaching for bespoke support for you and your team.
- NHS mental health online resource.
- Useful articles on wellbeing, balance and lowering anxiety using the Grid method.