- This event has passed.
5th Heart and Mind Integration Retreat: Love & Presence, May 2020
22 May 2020 @ 10:30 am – 3:45 pm BST
“The greatest journey is the journey to rediscover our wholeness. It happens within.” – Dr. Magdalena Bak-Maier
Discover how love and presence help us find our power and locate vital support
The essential nature of the lock-down is an experience of stagnation for all.
- Is the current pandemic lock-down making it hard for you to look beyond the present moment?
- Do you notice anxiety, stress and overwhelm rising?
- Would you like a few proven skills and a process to help you cope?
Covid has disempowered us and taken control of our lives but it doesn’t have to take control of our emotional states. Nor, what we choose to do whilst we cope with its impact.
There is another, better way – a return to our center of power.
We’re inviting you to discover how becoming more present to “not knowing” helps tap inner resourcefulness. We will show you how to do this with our heart and mind integration method. Our methodology focuses on gently noticing and exploring how our thinking, feeling, being and ‘calling’ gets disconnected. This weakens us.
We may feel such disconnection as:
- feeling stuck,
- not wanting to get out of bed,
- being busy but not achieving results,
- feeling hopeless and overwhelmed.
The more tools we give ourselves, the stronger we are to cope with the individual and collective stresses that impinge on our lives.
Due to social isolation, we have adopted our usual in-person format to a virtual, small group gathering. We will explore three specific themes together:
- Developing greater presence and resilience towards not knowing/uncertainty to transform fear into awareness, clarity and resolve for action.
- Learning to face emotions that can overwhelm in ways that protect our mental and emotional well-being and strengthen us.
- Reclaiming our power by constructing empowering stories.
We believe working online will give us interesting opportunities to ensure that our approach to this work remains personally meaningful and deeply transformative for you. In fact, the online format may lend itself better to differing needs and preferences for time alone versus face time and group work.
This is an opportunity to:
- Take time for yourself and attend to how you are.
- To empower yourself with tools and skills.
- Learn or deepen skills in being present, grounded and resourceful in the face of the unknown.
- See how these skills can help in creating more loving relationships and foster effective support.
- Explore how connecting mind and heart helps tap the true power within.
Key learning outcomes
- A framework for holding deeply present conversations that facilitate resourcefulness to arise.
- A tool for constructing empowering narratives.
- A process for brainstorming options for empowered thinking/being and doing.
We will employ a mixture of creative activities, independent and small group exercises, facilitated group discussion along with 3 thematic 10min tutorials, suggested short break yoga and stretches, and a take away PDF from the work.
- 10:30 Start and welcome
- 11:00 Theme 1 – What can we learn from our response to uncertainty to empower the future?
- 12:00 15min Break
- 12:15 Theme 2 – Working with emotions and neuroscience of trauma tutorial
- 13:15 – 14:00 Lunch break
- 14:00 Theme 3 – Creating empowering narratives for a positive mindset
- 15:15 Final thoughts and learning share
- 15:45 Close
Regular Ticket – £100 VAT Incuded
The rate applies to the Covid-19 circumstances and the event is capped at 12 participants maximum.
Covid-19 Saver – £50 VAT Included
This ticket is for NHS staff or Care Workers. Full time student can also book this ticket.
We have 3 seats per group gathering at this rate plus a waiting list if we’re full.
If you can’t afford to pay this fee but need our work write to us directly.
“The exercises Magdalena uses are subtly challenging, shifting your perception and understanding and allowing you to go as deep, or as shallow as you choose. It allowed me to see in clarity what had only previously been on the periphery of my awareness and this has been really useful in helping me move forward.”Jeremy
“Rare gift to take time to focus on you. Immersive connecting with yourself at a level you’re unlikely to reach on your own/ a book/ online course. In a safe supported environment with humility and ease.“Carolyn
“A fun and supportive retreat to discover more about yourself and learn effective tools and techniques to manage everyday life. Good for self-care and wellbeing!“Josie D.
“If you are feeling like you don’t know which direction to go next professionally, personally, etc MTC will help you get clarity going forward. Great tools are giving and you create an action plan that you can work on to get you to the next step.“Chris Andrews