She is just the sort of coach staff find helpful – she is approachable, enthusiastic and full of good ideas that go with the grain of the application. With her…
What is Coaching?
Coaching is more than just thinking about your current or next job. It’s about thinking about who you are and how this job supports this.
We all Need a Coach
When it comes to high level performance having someone we can be truly vulnerable with is vital. Working with someone we can trust with our life though is transformative.
When we have no doubt that the person working with us is as dedicated to our success as we are, and sometimes more so, we can’t help but step up!
In 2015, I was an APCTC Life Coach of the Year Finalist which is a bit like the Oscars for coaches.
My Coaching Track Record
For close to twenty years I have worked with true champions across science, engineering, medicine, arts, and business to help them recognize and own their brilliance.
Behind the external appearance of success sit insecurity, doubt, and often unhealthy critic. But there is another way and I have found it.
What I give my clients is what the best Olympic coach gives their star performers: bespoke support and empowerment to claim their spotlight with confidence that is grounded in humility and grace instead of well-masked insecurity.
From this place, my clients become masterful leaders and people you want to follow and work with.
Feedback from my Coaching Clients
I succesfully applied for a £2M research fellowship with Magdalena´s help at the interview stage. Magdalena came highly recommended by several colleagues who had been successful in obtaining the same…
I was most fortunate to cross Magdalena’s path at the right time for my career and personal development. She coached me when preparing for my EPSRC Established Career Fellowship interview…
I came to Magdalena feeling I was drowning in work, struggled with prioritizing and finding focus and also having to deal with a one-year-old kid at home. I’ve done courses…
I coach entrepreneurs and business people and I came to Magdalena because I saw her give a workshop for coaches in London. I needed to get a handle on my…
My Approach when Coaching Professionals
- relatively informal,
- highly pragmatic and leadership focused
- integrative (mixing coaching, therapy and counselling)
- provocative with good deal of humour
My coaching blends learning and awareness building with action. It is most similar to coaching an athlete. What this means is that we nurture your total being through a living practice. Where appropriate, I help you learn new skills. In fact we drill them.
- facing what is
- finding what’s marvelous about/within the person
- pinpointing true talents, aspiration and needs
- identifying sabotaging habits and behaviours
- conditioning personal leadership through responsibility and accountability
- acknowledging and celebrating success
I believe our minds are our natural healers. Today’s busy world has diminished our ability to hear our inner wisdom. With practice we can restore our energy and brilliance into balance and harmony with the world around us and our inner goodness without turning into monks. It’s what I help you do.
- merging personal and professional development,
- aligning true passion and longing with inner brilliance,
- well-being and satisfaction with being an artist of life,
- turning goals, aspirations and vision into serving the world,
- creating results that give the only real feedback,
- nurturing independence and ability to mentor others
In essence my focus is on aligning heart, mind and spirit that work respectfully with your physical body. You can count on me to be honest, to stretch your capability and help you realise your potential.
My Coaching Practice
I integrate a vast richness of approaches in my coaching. These include: neuroscience, positive psychology, solution-focused coaching, NLP, humanistic psychology, conflict management, mindfulness, systems theory, leadership and team development, somatic work, CBT, Time to Think, practical philosophy, internal systems family therapy, early attachment theory, constellations, conflict resolution, existential philosophy, and of course my own heart and mind connection model which I have shared with over 1500 practitioners. I tune into my client’s learning style and work from there. And I design activities that stretch their awareness, experience and world.
I have always had a coach myself. I share my work with professional colleagues through masterclasses and workshops for professional associations such as AC and BPS. And, I devote one month out of my year to learning from world experts so that my practice evolves and grows in mastery. All this and more is here to serve you.
I remain on a journey to stretch my leadership and how my talents and skills can serve the world. Here are a few examples:
- running an institutional experiment on the “triple benefit of talent” in Portugal
- serving as Vice Chair of AICTP and helping organise the first national conference on integrative practice
- conducting research and developing original tools and models others can use in education, coaching and personal development to create wellbeing and aid productivity
- coaching and training some of the leading scientific minds of today and tomorrow
- founding and building my own company so we can amplify this work across the world
- writing books to provoke people back into reflection and agency about their lives.
Working across disciplines, inviting people into more compassion and refusing to fit the proverbial ‘pigeon hole’ if definitely not easy. For me however, it links with contributing to a fairer and more peaceful world
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
I devote one month a year to my own development. Here’s this year’s key activities.
- Having my own coach – could not do without him 🙂
- Sharing my work at world class expert events such as IRWC global conference
- Learning with world experts Psychotherapy 2.0 online summit
- Further deepening my learning with Attachment Mastery Programme provided by Dr. Diane Poole Heller
- Deepening my models and work by studying complimentary approaches: Constellations, Ashridge Business School, June 2017
- Having a coaching supervisor to give me space to reflect on my practice and develop my profession.
In addition, I love reading professional coaching, self-help and business books and review a good number each year. I’m also working on a novel and love good fiction that makes one think about life. For book recommendations please join my mailing list.
Price should never determine what you do or don’t do! You are beyond price.
A great coach is also beyond price. You are never paying for their time or funding their life style.
Coaching is a serious profession that takes continuous study, regular practice and ongoing commitment to personal growth. So if you want to play at the Carnegie Hall, work with the best you can afford.
Coaching Articles on the Make Time Count Blog
Deloitte Report on Burnout and Stress: How Grid Can Help
The Deloitte report suggests that burnout and stress is "the most significant inhibitor for optimal business performance".
How I Befriended my Inner Critic and You Can Too
What is an Inner Critic? We all have an inner critic. Critics tend to: Get in the way of our aspirations and potential success.Evaluate us from the sidelines without doing…
The Grid helps raise productivity and wellbeing at Network Rail
The Network Rail story is very exciting because it shows the Grid’s potential to link and directly underpin a forward-thinking HR strategy.
Was that really me? How to nurture a good self-image, strengthen relationships and heal anger
We all have situations where we get angry, react and later wonder “was that really Me?” Here I show you why and how to heal anger. Situation Recently I have…