Learn how our Grid Clinic sessions can help you advance results and safeguard your well-being.
Our new offering to support Grid adopters
At Make Time Count, we are really thrilled to have started offering regular Grid Clinics. As lifelong learners ourselves, we know it’s easy to attend a webinar or read a book, with the intention of using the new strategies and perspectives to shape our behaviour. But a few weeks later, we may have moved on, and we never got to appreciate the benefits of what we learned.
We live in an information-rich, distracted age. Dr Adam Gazzaley, the author of The Distracted Mind, likens our attention issues to foraging behavior – our brains seek out information like squirrels forage for nuts but due to the technology of the day, we are constantly being invited to check out the nuts on a new tree.
How the Grid Clinic helps
The Grid Clinic is an invitation to slow down and savour the nuts from the tree you chose to learn the Grid™ method. Either with our Introduction Grid™ course, our Coach Grid™ Masterclass or the Get Productive Grid™ book. This live small and supportive session with one of our Make Time Count Grid™ practitioners, help you integrate your learning, reflect on what’s working, and bring your questions and places of “stuckness”. This ensures that you really have your handheld to put the method to work for you before you decide to hop along to the next tree, and the next. Our mission is to ensure you have something that works for you and helps you get results!
The concept comes from GP surgeries where you pop in because you need some help! We all do.
Universal questions in need of personal solutions
Here are some of the issues people brought to our first Grid™ Clinic in February.
- How can I use the Grid to decide on my priorities?
- How can I use the Grid to help me stop procrastinating?
- How can I use the Grid to build daily routines?
- How do I turn my big dreams into actionable tasks that will go on my Grid?
- How do I balance what I love to do with what others want me to do, or that I need to complete?
These issues are universal, human dilemmas and conflicts that arise when we begin to focus on how we use our time, which is core to productivity and well-being.
Benefits to the attendee
The Grid Clinic gave participants the opportunity to learn from an experienced coach who is further down the same road of self-realization. A bit like a skilled GP, the Grid™ Clinic facilitator, is able to help with the practicalities that make Grid use more effective. They also learned from each other’s experiences and perspectives which is a big multiplier of learning.
Participants encouraged each other to explore what can be emotionally laden issues – why can’t I make myself do X? – in a safe and supportive space. Sometimes there are no easy answers, just additional questions to take away and an invitation to think about a challenge in more creative and compassionate ways.
In this group arose a fascinating discussion about different ways of exploring issues and desires for our lives – with pictures, objects, whilst walking or moving as opposed to always relying on purely cognitive processes. Here’s an example one attendee, offered from the session and what he said about it.
“I attended a Productivity Grid™ Clinic last week – I found it very useful, it gave me some good, practical ideas and inspiration on planning and evaluation of my time and energies.
There was also a useful discussion about procrastination and prioritization.
I definitely recommend this workshop.”Chris Sollett, Street Wisdom R&D,
The Grid™ Clinic is a place to bring questions and challenges, to return to every few months to review progress and be met with support and advice, gain new insights, and to leave feeling renewed, inspired and motivated to move you in the direction of your preferred future.
Productivity is you being well and achieving
Watch the movie below to see how the Grid™ method is helping one young lady move from being a student to being an entrepreneur, navigating challenges without jeopardizing her health and well-being.
After the Grid Clinic, what next?
At Make Time Count, we can help you find your path to healthy productivity and balance. Here are three ways to start this journey:
- Sign up for our Grid™ Introductory training and create important structure and order in your life, then attend a Grid™ Clinic on us!
- If you read the Get Productive Grid book or feel you’re familiar with the concept through previous workshops with Grid™ creator Dr. Magdalena Bak-Maier, book yourself onto an upcoming Grid™ Clinic.
- Try our 14-Day Habit Builder challenge with an incredibly effective online course that teaches you a like-long tool to get started and keep going.
- Take time out for personal development and address your work, career, life and self with our Grid™ retreat.
- Working at a company that could use a fresh perspective on cultivating productivity, healthy mindsets and well-being? Invite us in-house to offer a workshop. We have delivered them for banks, insurence companies, creative teams, charities, the NHS and learning institutions.
We’re here to help! You’re not alone.