In this article you will discover the benefits of being organized with the Grid method and how this simple framework supports your health, productivity and wellbeing.
A practical method for getting organized
If you’re looking for inspiration and practical ideas to get you organized, you’ve come to the right place. From improving your health and eliminating stress to strengthening your relationships, the Grid organization method can be your lifesaver.
Below you will find key benefits of being organized with the Grid.
Our minds and bodies are incredibly well organized and regulated. Such organization is the basis of health and wellbeing. The same is true of our lives. Order, structure and balance foster conditions where human spirit thrives and potential manifests.Magdalena Bak-Maier, Grid creator
Get organized with the Grid community
Receive our monthly newsletter with practical wellbeing and productivity tips. Plus exclusive Grid offers and announcements.
1. Supporting effective life habits
Grid was designed to support and nurture good habits. And it does that really well!
But don’t take our word for it! Real people who use the Grid method to get organized in life and work tell us that it helps them:
- Develop the discipline to organize at the level that fits their personal circumstances making it serve their true needs
- Create space for all that’s important – fulfilling personal life, work, me-time and career. This means those projects and dream ideas have a space to be advanced.
- Cultivate a healthy balance which includes activities outside work.
- Set goals more systematically and working towards them.
- Feel motivated because the Grid helps them visualise progress.
- Learn about what is effective in real life and why.
- See where help is needed making asking for it more efficient.
There is much science to substantiate how each of these habits contributes to greater psychological health and general wellbeing but do we need science for this? Instead, we invite you to imagine yourself having all these habits working for you and the difference this would make to your life.
If it sounds like something you could use, explore the Grid in more depth with us.
2. Healthier lifestyle is just one benefit of being organized
Living in constant disarray and chaos has adverse psychological effects on the brain.
One of the benefits of being organized is that it brings peace and clarity to the mind, allows the body to rest, and decreases overwhelm. One is more likely to find the motivation to exercise if one feels on top of work and the house is tidy.
Such conditions make going for a run or to the gym easy and guilt-free. And our clients certainly find this to be true in practice. Grid helps them capture ideas for what to do and helps them discover what fits their life and why.
I added yoga to my grid for weeks and weeks but never got around to doing it while walks I planted on my self-care quadrant got all done and more were usually added. As I reflected on this, I realized that first I was actually self-caring well with the Grid, and gridding helped me clarify my needs which were more to do with connection to people I loved and missed than yoga. Walking allowed me to connect to calm and peace I needed and friends I dearly missed who are back home in Australia.Grid clinic feedback
and, good quality sleep!
Similarly, it’s easier to get a good night’s sleep when there is less to worry about because tasks are being done, projects delivered and all feel more or less in hand.
With the order, there is more time to focus on additional things that are often postponed such as hobbies and creative projects that often create natural refuelling.
Over 80% of our clients who adopt the Grid method report sleep improvement.
Finally, it’s become the norm to leave ourselves until last, taking care of everyone and everything. Grid overcomes this by making self-care a core area of focus. There can be no healthy product without a healthy producer.
Take a look at this success story from Ines. It’s a great illustration of how Grid adapts to your life and helps you make your life yours.
3. Being more productive at work
Disorganization steals motivation and is a breeding ground for anxiety and overwhelm. Having clarity and clear structure to key areas of work and tasks helps direct focus. No more wasting time thinking about what you need to do or feeling sick with worry at how much there is to get done.
While most people spend time thinking about what they should be doing or could be doing, Grid helps you organize your work and ideas into a simple structure.
Find yourself having way too much on? No problem. You can choose a timeframe for your Grid that allows you to catch up on work without overwhelming you. Watch this story from Laura.
4. Grid organization boosts health and positive self-image
Accomplishing things and moving steadily forward toward important goals naturally empowers and builds confidence. And, it’s an upward positive cycle many researchers in positive psychology are investigating.
One can show up to each day or week excited trusting that time will be well spent and tasks tackled without the drain. This naturally increases confidence because one is working with greater flow. One can feel and see oneself being a doer, achiever, creator, and good self-carer. This is the very opposite of feeling as if one is drowning in housework and work tasks, feeling constantly overwhelmed and stressed at how things will ever get better.
5. Being organized reduces stress, anxiety and depression
Two stand out benefits of being organized using the Grid method are:
- boosting energy levels and
- eliminating stress.
Being organized creates natural calm. Feeling on top of things across the board means one is holistically productive.
Modern life can be highly stressful so a balanced approach creates a healthy buffer against anxiety and depression. Stress levels can quickly creep up when uncontrollable events combine with life’s regular challenges. and family issues we can actually do something about but which got neglected, depression and anxiety easily follow.
We’re not alone in thinking this. Here’s an article that lists Grid as one of the top 5 productivity tools of 2022 and why the way it nurtures wellbeing matters.
Bottom line: Grid supports people doing well and being well
Grids and the gridding process offer a rich hand of psychological and health benefits that strike at the heart of today’s life challenges:
- Too much stress.
- Lack of sleep and rest.
- Need to create healthier and more sustainable lifestyles – the goal of 2022 Health Day Campaign.
- Need for more self-care. The first world research center devoted to this topic has just been organized at Imperial College London in 2021.
- More productive work across all professions.
- Effective practical strategies to prevent low mood and depression in students and adults.
Are you ready to get organized?
If your life could benefit from getting more organized, we recommend our Grid Introductory Course. This very comprehensive course will help you:
- build a vision
- set goals in alignment with your vision
- discover your internal resources and strengths
- pinpoint where you need help
- teach you the Grid method
- take you from feeling disorganized to someone who has order, structure, clarity and a process to bring your best and most healthy life to life.
Like other Grid adopters and our growing family of Grid Ambassadors, you will never look back!