There are times in our lives when we feel daunted by our circumstances. There are also times when the only problem we face originates within. Affirmations can be a great tool to help pinpoint where we need to focus and move towards a healthy mind, heart, body, and spirit.
The list of affirmations below has been selected from my 1:1 coaching-therapy casework. Looking across a sample of clients for larger patterns, helps me pinpoint themes for our heart and mind integration retreats where we invite people into a safe and nurturing space to do powerful personal development work.
- Read over each affirmation. An affirmation is simply a positive belief that is presented as a fact.
- Present each affirmation to yourself. Reading it out loud is helpful. Notice your initial and instinctual response.
- Is the given affirmation true for you or not?
- Do you experience this sometimes, often, or never?
- Has it always been this way?
- Note those that already match your current reality or how things are for you. Yay!
- Then, pick an affirmation that you’d like to work on. I recommend choosing one that will be strengthening to your whole being.
- Write it out somewhere where you can see it every day. Make it a practice to gently show up to it. Read it out loud and keep testing how it shifts for you.
- To overcome procrastination I love myself enough to say Yes!
- This is the perfect day to imagine and create a better future for me.
- Time is my friend. I always have enough time to do what I need.
- I let go of seeing problems and trust myself to either face each one well or get help.
- Each moment brings me new opportunities if I can remain flexible in my approach and a bit more patient.
- I choose to see and connect with the love present in this moment/experience/relationship.
- I begin and end my day by loving and accepting all that I am.
- As I open my heart to others I also open it to loving myself more.
- The more I share myself the richer and stronger I become.
- I am always choosing between fear and love. I choose love because fear disempowers me.
- My body is my best friend. It may tell me things I don’t want to hear it but my body loves me.
- I make regular time to simply be.
- Moving my body helps me look after it.
- I allow my muscles to relax and notice how much easier and lighter I feel when I realize that my body holds me up.
- I give myself permission to rest and do nothing.
- I have as much courage as I need to face what is and get through it.
- I am blessed beyond my wildest dreams.
- My life’s story is beautiful and I author it with each decision and choice I make.
- Every decision I make serves my character.
- I am. I am here now. I am for myself.
Your Next Steps to a Healthy Mind, Heart, Body, and Spirit
While we can do a great deal of personal development work on our own, working in partnership with another person whose nervous system can experience and witness our growth is deeply healing and self-affirming.
I invite you to find someone whose style of work and process can serve you. This could be a friend, a colleague, a coach, a therapist or a mentor. Work together to find your way to a healthy mind, heart, body, and spirit.
Do not wait for the perfect day. That day is now. Take action to connect with another person outside of you. Below are a number of resources we provide that can aid you.
- Books by Dr. Magdalena Bak-Maier
- 14 Day Habit Change Builder
- Virtual retreat
- 1:1 work
- Our incredibly special personal development programme
- Sign up to our monthly newsletter to prompt rich reflection, motivate action and empower you.
If you can’t find what you need, inquire.