Do you sometimes feel depleted? If so, why not nourish your whole self by reading and manifesting these powerful self-care quotes and affirmations. In this busy world, it is way too easy to forget to care for ourselves. We all do it! And yet;
- Physical exhaustion makes us sad.
- Emotional turmoil drains energy weakening the body and our spirit.
- Feeling lost brings our spirit down and makes us doubt ourselves.
- Too much to do all the time, makes us scatty, angry and easily overwhelmed.
Self-care is a practical means of looking after our wellbeing
Our 1:1 client work and group retreats distinctly show that caring for our body, heart, mind, and spirit is a concrete way to nurture balance, peace and serenity, joy, and most importantly, self-love. Whether you’re a student, artist, professional, an academic or researcher or stay at home parent – today’s world is a busy world. Practical and concrete reminders can help. This is why we’ve put together these 10 self-care affirmations for you from a range of people with wisdom we admire and follow.
How to tap into the full power of these 10 self-care affirmations
- Preview them all so notice which one resonates with you. This is a good sign, you need it.
- Alternatively, take your time to speak each affirmation out loud. Giving them your voice is important. Pay attention to how you respond to hearing yourself speak each one out loud.
- Find one you need now and commit to a specific action that will help you practice it. You may find it useful to print out your favorite or screenshot it as a reminder, or add it to your mood board or vision board.
What we’ve seen is that people with power and agency know how to self-care.
Our 10 self-care affirmations
Affirmations are short wisdom statements that reaffirm deep truths. They can help us do well and be well.
Use them to:
- Reframe how you see things.
- Reminder you about what matters.
- Manage your mood.
- Improve how you see and treat yourself.
- Keep in good form.
- Improve your productivity.
- Begin to recognize habits you need to shed.
- Put an end to drifting or languishing.
- Motivate positive action.
- Stimulate a useful re-think.
- Reconnect your with compassion.
- Support inner balance and harmony.
- Create new goals.
- Highlight what’s true.
- Learn about yourself.
If a particular picture or affirmation spoke deeply to you, consider sharing this article with someone who would benefit as well. Let’s spread kindness towards ourselves and others.
- “Self Care is how you take your power back.” – Lalah Delia
- “Sometimes taking action simply means taking a break.” – Magdalena Bak-Maier
- “Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.” – Brené Brown
- “Caring for myself is not self indulgence. It is self preservation, and that is an act of political warfare.” – Audre Lorde
- “Self care has become a new priority – the revelation that it’s perfectly permissible to listen to your body and do what it needs.” – Frances Ryan
- “Count your action as an everyday form of success and personal triumph.” – Magdalena Bak-Maier
- “As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.” – Maya Angelou
- Learning to love yourself is like learning to walk – essential, life changing, and the only way to stand tall.” – Vironika Tugaleva
- “It’s not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself, and to make your happiness a priority. It’s necessary.” – Mandy Hale
- “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” – Oscar Wilde
31 Day Self-care Calendar to take your practice further
At Make Time Count we believe that productivity and wellbeing go hand in hand. If the way you work and live is causing you to be depleted, it’s time to address it. We have prepared a Free 31 Day Self Care Calendar to support people in strengthening their self-care habit. Click here to get yours and start your journey towards a calmer and more self-loving you. We promise it won’t take much time but it will change how you feel.
Body Scan Self-guided practice
In 2019, Dr. Magdalena Bak-Maier released her latest book called Body Talk which shares simple yet powerful activities to connect mind and body and nurture our whole selves. To further care for yourself and discover a connection to your body, try our Body Scan mindfulness exercises and explore the book further.
Grid: the ultimate way to make self-love part of your daily habit
We have launched our fantastic online course to support you in implementing a step-by-step approach to organize how you do and manage your work, life, career, and self-care in a way that:
- helps you gain clarity and develop reliable organization
- lowers stress,
- refuels your motivation and energy on a daily basis,
- helps you achieve more and tire less.